WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Preserved Lemons in recipe

Hello, I'd like to make LEMON-SAFFRON CHICKEN (TANGIA) and see the recipe calls for fresh lemons juice and zest. I'd like to try the recipe with preserved lemons. How much preserved lemon/juice should I use?

I am really enjoying the "international" flavor of your recipes! Thanks, Lily

Comments

• Hi Lily - We love using preserved lemons here at Milk Street. They add a briney, yet tart, depth to a whole host of dishes. In fact, Milk Streeters love them so much our favorite, Casablanca Market Preserved Lemons, are currently sold out of the Milk Street Store. Because conventional lemons are easier to find, we did not test our Lemon-Saffron Chicken (Tangia) recipe with preserved lemons. So my recommendation is to experiment! I would start with one or two small preserved lemons, chopped fine. Add them at the end, off the heat, as you would the zest and juice called for in the recipe. From there, you might want to experiment with adding some preserved lemon with the spices and the remainder off the heat to add different layers of flavor. Since preserved lemons are not quite as tart or sour as fresh lemons, you may want to add a little bit of fresh lemon juice at the end as well to brighten up the flavors. I hope this helps and happy cooking! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.