WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Ice cream using your Pistacchiosa

I just received my jars of Pistacchiosa for your store and was wondering if they it could be used for making pistachio ice cream. If so, what type of base would you recommend, and any suggested proportions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eileen

Comments

• Hi Eileen - Thanks for purchasing from our store. We can't get enough of that Pistacchiosa Spread. I love it straight out of the jar, but it's even better spread on toast with a little honey, sea salt, and ricotta cheese. We haven't developed an ice cream recipe with it yet (we should!) but David Lebovitz, who has been a guest on our radio and TV shows, made a gelato using a similar spread. It's not the exact same brand we sell in our store but it's probably a good place to start. David is not only a friend of Milk Street but he wrote a book on ice cream, so we would consider him a pretty reliable expert! Here is a link to his recipe - https://www.davidlebovitz.com/pistachio-gelat/.

Good luck and let us know how you like it! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.