Milk Street Insider Members and Digital Subscribers can post questions and answers. Insider Members will receive a response from a Milk Street expert within 2 business days. View all subscription options here. Try any plan for your first 12 weeks for just $1.

Durotherm - alternative cooking method

Hello,

For recipes using a Durotherm, can you just use a regular pot instead (but perhaps cook longer)?

I don't have a Durotherm and was hoping to avoid purchasing another gadget - for now.

It seems the downside of not using a Durotherm is you may loose some flavor as well as vitamins and minerals.

Thank you,

Madeliene

Comments

• Hi Madeliene - I checked in with the recipe developers who worked on our Durotherm recipes and they said they can be modified to traditional cookware. In some cases, our Durotherm recipes are the same as the corresponding traditional recipe whereas in others we had to make some key changes. Was there a particular recipe you were hoping to make? It might help me pinpoint what changes to make in that particular recipe. Let me know! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion.