WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Neapolitan Meatballs - adjust size?

The Neapolitan Meatballs are amazing! This is the only recipe I will use from now on! Can they be made slightly smaller and still work? Following the directions for dividing them into 8 portions, mine are ending up about 6 ox each which is a pretty big serving. Do you think they could be made to 4 oz each and not dry out? Maybe shorten the baking time slightly. I LOVE the Panko method by the way! So easy and precise and consistent. Let me know what you think. I don't want to ruin a batch if you guys already tested different sizes and this is the one! Otherwise serving half or cutting in quarters to fit in a sub roll works also. I have had good luck freezing them as well as I generally only cook for 2.

Comments

• Hi Maureen - The generous size of these meatballs is their hallmark in Naples, so we were pretty dead-set on making them to scale and did not test other sizes. I imagine you could make them smaller and adjust the cooking time, I just can't give you exact timing since we didn't test it. You do want to make sure to still put them in the pot with the sauce as they simultaneously finish cooking through and flavor the sauce during this time. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.