WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Lemon-Buttermilk Pound Cake

This looks like a lovely cake! It's in the oven right now. The instructions provide for baking it in a Bundt pan, but no specific size is provided. I ended up using a 10-cup Bundt pan. The pan looked like it might overflow, but then stopped rising further and so it looks like it'll be okay. Any chance I can find out what pan they used during testing? I'd love to make a note in my cookbook.

Comments

• Hi Karen - We use a 12-cup bundt pan in our kitchen, which would explain why you had a bit of extra batter in your 10-cup pan. Unfortunately, that particular recipe omitted the pan size. A good rule of thumb to ensure a cake doesn’t overflow the pan is to fill it 2/3 to 3/4 full. This will allow enough room for it to rise without overflowing. Thank you for bringing the omission to our attention. Best, Lynn C.

• Thank you so much! Milk Street Kitchen has amped up the cooking in our house. We are thoroughly enjoying it.

• Glad to hear it, Karen. Happy cooking!

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.