WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Cooking Oil

I am wandering if Safflower oil is a good and healthy oil for cooking? I know it has a high smoking point and I have used it in the past. However compared to canola oil or other oils I wasn’t sure if it was a healthy option.

Comments

• Hi Ariel,

Safflower oil can be a great choice for cooking, ranging from cold preparations to high-heat frying. The high polyunsaturated fat content of safflower oil means that it remains a liquid even when refrigerated, making it a good option for salad dressings and other cold dishes. It is nearly flavorless, though, so it's not bringing a lot of flavor to the table. High-oleic safflower oil has a high smoke point (440 to 520°F), making it a great choice for high-heat wok cooking, skillet charring, and deep frying. We are not dietitians or nutritionists, so I would recommend that you consult with a health professional for information on the health benefits and drawbacks of safflower oil. I can tell you that safflower oil has a similar makeup to canola oil, so if you like using canola oil in your cooking, safflower is a good option for you, with the added benefit that safflower has a higher smoke point.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.