WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

convection cooking at the Milk Street kitchen?

Hey Milk Street team,

I'm wondering -- when you cook (either on the show or when posting recipes) do you use convection oven/temps/cooking times or do you cook either with a regular oven or with the convection feature turned off?

I've been battling if to turn on the convection feature in my Wolf stove (gas, not electric) as a standard or not, and if I do; do I need to adjust the temperature and/or cooking times accordingly -- this is both for when I cook one single dish/tray or multiple.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and I really appreciate all the great content!

Comments

• Hi Itamar - We think our recipes should work in any oven, so we never use convection in our Milk Street kitchen. If you are cooking multiple trays of food or have a full oven at the holidays, using the convection setting can help keep the air circulated for more even cooking. Convection cooking also increases browning so it can be helpful when roasting meats. As for temperature and time changes, I always recommend lowering the temperature by 25 degrees and starting to check your food 10-15 minutes earlier the first time you use convection for a recipe. This allows you to gauge browning and doneness without the food becoming overcooked. Best, Lynn C.

• Is there a decent sugar substitute that can be used for diabetics

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.