WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Ketogenic/Paleo

I just subscribed and love the recipes. I am wondering if Milk Street has any intentions of having a section devoted to the Ketogenic or Plaeo lifestyle. Also, do you have any suggestions for a potato replacement with gnocchi? I have heard you can substitute pumpkin or squash.

Comments

• Hi Valorie - Our goal at Milk Street is to travel the world and learn how the rest of the world cooks on a daily basis and introduce our readers to those dishes and techniques. These are bold dishes using fresh vegetables, herbs, fish, etc., many of which I'm sure fit into the keto/paleo lifestyle, but we don't have plans to focus on any specific diets in our magazine.

I am not schooled on the intricacies of the Keto/Paleo diets, so I'm not sure which ingredients are and are not acceptable. However, most reliable recipes for pumpkin, butternut squash, or sweet potato gnocchi usually also include white potato. This is because squash and sweet potatoes are significantly more wet than white potato which, in turn, creates a very wet gnocchi dough that's would be hard to work with. If you want to use squash or sweet potatoes, I would recommend really drying them out before using them in your dough. You can do this in a low oven or a dry pot on the stovetop after cooking them. Also, as I'm sure you know, gnocchi needs flour for structure so you will need to sub with a gluten-free flour as well. Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

• I would also be interested in Keto friendly recipes.

Thanks.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.