WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

mile high quiche

I see in your latest issue an article about mile high quiche. I have been experimenting with this method and I have a burning question. How can you create a mile high quiche in a tart pan with short sides? I have been using a 9 inch springform pan a la Thomas Keller and would really appreciate some insight. your filling sounds very nice but I am at a loss about the crust and how to achieve a high crust, also been having problems with the springform pan leaking!! Any suggestions you might offer would be much appreciated. I have seen various methods on the internet, for the springform pan, still with difficulty.

Comments

• Hi Linda - I spoke with the recipe developer, Diane Unger, and she didn't think there was any way to make a "mile high" quiche in a standard tart pan. As for leaks in your springform pan, I've had luck with blind baking the crust and then brushing the crust with egg white to create a layer of protection between the custard and the crust (this is a good tip for any blind-baked custard pie crust). I would also line the outside of the springform pan with tin foil just in case. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• What was the pan used in the episode?

• Hi Tricia - I'm not exactly sure what brand that one is, but it's a deep-dish tart or quiche pan similar to the one here. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.