WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Better-Than-Bouillon broth & Cooking Times?

I've long been a consumer of Better-Than-Bouillon (BTB) broths (cheap, tasty, shelf-stable, and friendly to small kitchen storage). BTB suggests heating water up to a boil before adding the concentrate. When I encounter a recipe that calls for chicken broth, should I think about changing the cooking time since I'm adding hot broth? I'd assume most recipes use broth that starts at room temperature. Right?

Comments

• Hi John - I don't think there will be a large enough difference - especially if you prep your ingredients before cooking - that you would need to alter your cooking times significantly enough to change how you make a recipe. First, I would prep the Better-Than-Bouillon before any of the other ingredients so it has time to cool off a bit before you use it. Second, follow the visual clues in the recipe. If you follow the visual clues rather than the cooking times you won't need to rely on them as much anyway. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.