WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Stir frying vegetables

I continue to struggle with correctly cooked veggies. I often get the spectrum in terms of doneness. Though I cut them to similar size and either add at different stages of cooking or pre-cook those that take longer and add them once the stir frying has begun, I just can not get the timing right. My husband and I love using our wok and want to eat vegetables that are fresh and have some texture. No more mush with crunch. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi June - it sounds like you are doing the right things - cutting everything to a similar size and adding longer-cooking veggies first. Wok cooking *can* be a bit challenging since everything happens so fast. My recommendation would be to taste test the vegetables often to figure out the timing to achieve the texture you prefer and then remove the vegetables once they are just shy of that texture. Add them back in at the end to very quickly cook with the sauce. They will continue to cook a little bit at this point and hopefully not be overcooked. Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.