WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Using salt in recipes

Is there another way to achieve the same affect in a recipe that using salt achieves, particularly with meats - without using the salt. In some of the classes and the recipes that I have accessed, there has been a discussion of the reactions of salt and how it affects the ingredients, particularly meat. Unfortunately, my wife is highly intolerant of salt. Almost immediate headaches caused by rapidly accelerating blood pressure. For example, going out to eat Chinese food, she will be in immense pain within 30 minutes and can feel the blood pressure increase going up her neck. 20 years ago before doctors helped us to recognize what one of the most direct triggers was (salt) she had several ER visits with blood pressure reaching strokes levels. I have been cooking no salt for years, so flavorings are not the issue. I know how to make "tasty" food. 😀 But it would be nice to be able to initiate the chemical reaction (or whatever the correct terminology is) that using salt accomplishes.

Thanks

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.