WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Comments

• Hi Kerry - We aren't familiar with this particular pie but the confusion is certainly interesting. I found this version of the recipe that claims to be direct from the owner and calls for both cornstarch and eggs. Based on the technique listed here this would seem to be more of a custard filling. However, I did watch this video of them putting the pies together and it looks like they do line a pre-baked pie crust with a thin layer of red "custard looking" mixture. Then they add a pile of fresh strawberries, top that with a pile of confectioner's sugar, and then cover the whole thing with a thick layer of fresh whipped cream. So, while commenters may say it doesn't include eggs or cornstarch, I think it's worth trying this version of the recipe to see what you think of this first since it is purported to be the original. Good luck and let us know. I'm very curious to hear how it turns out and if it's close to the original! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.