WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Carmel Oranges

I'm a little confused with the end preparation of the dessert Caramel Oranges. The third paragraph says" Pour the caramel evenly over the oranges, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 hours." The next paragraph says" ...and whisk the caramel to recombine. Pour the caramel over the oranges and serve". The caramel would already be on the oranges from step 3. It does seem to me that caramel in the fridg for 3 plus hours probably would be a little hard, but what's the point of putting the oranges in the fridge without anything on top of them? Anybody know?

Comments

• Hi Jan - While the oranges and caramel are in the fridge, the caramel will settle on the bottom of the pan. The caramel does not harden in the fridge because it's already pretty loose (we add orange juice to it after it cooks) and continues to loosen in the fridge as some of the juice releases from the oranges. After the oranges and caramel chill, the instructions say to remove the oranges from the baking dish with a slotted spoon and transfer to individual dishes. After you remove the oranges you rewhisk the caramel sauce (to combine the caramel with the juice that has released from the oranges) and pour some of it over the oranges on the individual serving dishes. I recommend serving it in bowls with some plain greek yogurt - the caramel sauce is great on top of the yogurt! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.