WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Recipes by ingredients

I missed the beginning of a segment where they were making a soup with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and fresh shrimp and I cannot seem to find it as I do not know the name of the recipe or the segment it was filmed in!!! Is there a way to search for a recipe by its ingredients and if not, could this be a future goal for your site?? I do not always like the recipes on Epicurious but I love that I can put in ingredients I want to use and it will generate recipes that might be made with what I have on hand...

Comments

• Hi Shary - you can definitely search by ingredient in our search field. For example, if I search for "shrimp" every recipe that calls for shrimp appears in my search. Unfortunately, I cross-checked the results on the website with our internal database and I can't find a recipe for a dish with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms. We do have this recipe for Fregola with Shrimp and Tomatoes and Spiced Shrimp and Tomatoes with Fresh Mint. These both have tomatoes and shrimp, but not mushrooms. Sorry I can't find what you're looking for. Best, Lynn C.

• CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW 6 1/2 OZ IS 2 1/2 CUPS PANKO BREADCRUMBS IN NEOPOLITAN MEATBALLS?

• Hi Mary Kay - Our Director of Recipe Development, Diane Unger, weighed this out multiple times and got the same amount using 4C brand panko breadcrumbs. It's possible that different brands will yield different amounts since they the crumbs do vary in size, which is why we provided a weight measurement. If you weigh out 6 1/2 ounces of whatever brand of panko crumbs you have you should have the correct amount. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• It's a very nice website.  Except the ALL CAPS part, (WHAT IS WITH THAT??)_ N and the fact that they mix grams and ounces.   Step it up, Pay the team more and improve the requirements.     Use US and Metric Grams for all ingredients.

• I was so excited to try the Spaghetti with Lemon Pesto recipe. Huge disappointment and extremely tasteless. I expected a robust lemon flavor but instead found the meal absent any real lemon flavor and bland. Not hard to figure out why as there is NO LEMON JUICE IN THE recipe and not enough lemon flavor is produced from the long strips of lemon zest. Was the key ingredient LEMON JUICE inadvertently omitted from this recipe? You might want to revisit this recipe and make an adjustment that includes LEMON JUICE to bring this recipe to life.

• Hi Susie -

I'm surprised you didn't find it had much lemon flavor. There is 1/3 cup of zest strips in the pesto itself plus another 1/3 cup in the pasta cooking water. Did you add half the zest strips to the food processor with the almonds and parmesan? Usually when we use raw zest - as we do in the pesto - it's a pretty bold lemon flavor but, arguably, more floral than acidic, which may be what you are more accustomed to when you think "lemon." The original dish from the Amalfi coast of Italy does not include lemon juice, just the zest of locally-grown Amalfi lemons and we found it had plenty of lemon-y goodness! Best, Lynn C.

• Christopher Kimball was demonstrating how to cook green beans by browning, then steaming and he had info on adding aromatics and finishing with a splash of vinegar. He also used fish sauce.

I cannot find this as it was a part of an add on Facebook which I used to start my trial for all of your productions. Can you tell me how to find this again? Thanks.

• Hi Angela - That is the recipe for our Sweet and Spicy Ginger Green Beans. Enjoy! Best, Lynn C.

• Trying to find the recipe for the Tomato and Olive Foccacia on TV today. I thought the recipe was free and accessible. I have several Milk Street books with recipes but not the Foccacia. I found it interesting and easy to make.

• Hi Jacqueline - You can access the recipe, and all of the recipes that are shown on the TV show, by entering your email address in the box that pops up. In the meantime, here is a link to the recipe https://www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/tomato-olive-focaccia?allow_token=7ebc9088-9b1b-443d-b908-0f08ada0154c. Best, Lynn C.

• The recipe for Cider Braised Lentils (Tuesday Nights) calls for 1 cup of apple cider. Is this the regular apple cider, e.g. Gala apple cider, or is it beer/cider like Aspall cider?

Thanks

• Hi Sylvia - Yes. The recipe calls for regular apple cider, not hard cider. Best, The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.