WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Turkey Burgers

Great recipe! Has anyone tried whole milk yogurt in place of the mayo or partially in place of? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Christopher - I've made this recipe a bunch of times and it's one of the best turkey burger I've had! That's because it's so moist and flavorful thanks to the panade. The main issue with replacing the mayonnaise with whole milk yogurt, especially in the burgers themselves, is the discrepancy in fat content. One of the reasons we chose mayonnaise here is because the fat in it added moisture and flavor to otherwise flavorless, lean ground turkey. Whole milk yogurt only has about .9 grams of fat per tablespoon, whereas mayonnaise has 10 grams of fat per tablespoon. Almost 10x as much. If you're dead-set on using yogurt, I would probably still use the mayonnaise in the burgers themselves and replace the 5 tablespoons of mayo in the spread with yogurt. You'll likely have to add some salt to the spread, since mayo has more sodium than yogurt. I hope that helps. Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.