WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Suggestion for Website

Hello! As probably most members, I subscribe to the magazine and the site and, of course, have purchased nearly every cookbook you have put out (business model succeeding!). For recipes on the site, I know you put what magazine and/or article the recipe appeared in. Why don't you also tag what book(s) the recipe may be found in as well? It would help us with all the books so we don't have to thumb through them all to see if they are in any of them, and it might encourage sales of your books if the consumer sees the last 3 recipes he/she searched for is in a particular book. (and yes, I also have purchased your yearly books, but we have to wait a year for them to come out...and a magazine is much easier to misplace than a book, so I love the year end books too!)

Just a thought.

Cliff

Comments

• Hi Clifford!

Thanks so much for your comment. We appreciate your suggestions and they couldn't have come at a better time! We are currently exploring some features that would generate a searchable index of all magazine issues (and potentially cookbooks) in the near future and will factor in your query as we continue to scope out that project.

Thanks so much for being an Insider, and we hope that you continue to enjoy Milk Street.

Evan, Digital Content Director

• I second that idea: it would be very helpful if each recipe included a sort of bibliography, listing the cookbooks that already contain it. That way, if I already have the cookbook, I can avoid duplicating it in my own library of saved recipes, or having to search the index of my cookbooks to see if I already have it. Thank you.

• Hi William -

Thanks so much for your comment! I will pass it along to our Digital Content team who is always exploring ways to improve the customer experience. Best, Lynn C.

• I am new to the website and am finding it difficult to search for a particular recipe. Is there a search box on the home page that I am missing? What is the easiest way to search for a recipe?

Thanks. Hilary

• Hi Hilary - If you follow this link, Evan, our Digital Content Manager, walks through where to find the search box on the home page and on a tablet or smartphone. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.