WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Crunchy rice in the IP

Hello!

i really love the Brown Bsmati Rice Pilaf with Spiced Beef and Green Beans recipe. The flavors are spectacular! My problem is that the rice is still crunchy at the end of the cooking time. I have made the recipe twice and the rice has been crunchy both times. The only change to the recipe was using one pound of beef instead of 8 oz. However, my friend also made the recipe as written with 8 oz. of beef, and the rice was crunchy. I’m perplexed. It is either not enough water or not long enough cookin time, or both. Please advise. I don’t want to abandon this recipe because its flavors are so good!

Comments

• Hi Kristi - I'm so sorry that you're having difficulty with this recipe. I spoke with Courtney Hill, who developed the recipe, and she isn't 100% sure what went wrong, but suggested a few possible causes for your issues. First, make sure you are using brown basmati rice, not brown long-grain rice. This could make a difference in the cooking time and liquid-to-rice ratio. Courtney also recommends really rinsing and draining the rice well. You want to rinse until the water runs clear and then make sure to drain off any excess water. Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem and I'll check in with Courtney again! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.