WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Tough, Lean Pot Roast in the Instant Pot

Hello,

I've got a grass fed eye of round roast that I expect to be on the tough side, and I want to tame it in my instant pot. Can you recommend a recipe? Or maybe cooking time adjustments to make to a recipe for a more tender cut?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Susan - I'm not sure what to recommend since I'm not sure what your end goal is - are you trying to make a pot roast from an eye of round roast? Unfortunately, we don't have any recipes using eye of round in the Instant Pot. That's likely because we usually prefer fattier, long-cooking cuts for the pressure cooker. Eye of round is very lean and works best when cooked like a roast and served thinly sliced. I would recommend salting and refrigerating the meat about 24 hours in advance and then cooking it low and slow using the reverse-sear method - Cook the roast in a low oven (250-275) until it's almost to medium-rare (or your preferred roast beef temperature) then remove it and brown it on all sides on the stovetop. Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

• I guess my end goal is to get the best out of this cut of meat. I was thinking a pot roast treatment would be good but maybe it's not the best choice. Thanks

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.