WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

TORRIJAS: For Kids

I just made the milk street recipe for torrijas and thoroughly enjoyed it. The issue was my kids did not dig the sherry at all. Any ideas for a substitute so the toast doesn’t have any boozy taste? Any help would be much appreciated!

Adam

Comments

• Hi Adam - We haven't tested this with anything other than sherry since that's traditional, but you could try to make it with apple cider instead. I would add a little bit of vanilla extract also. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! Best, Lynn C.

• edited July 2020

Update 1:

I had another go at the recipe today. A smashing hit! Kids said it’s best French toast they ever had. And that’s saying a lot as we’re fans of breakfast at any time. I swapped in a cup of heavy cream and 2 TB of vanilla extract. That cream mixture with confectioners sugar, vanilla, orange zest and orange juice was so good. They literally were licking up the mixture from the tray like we were making brownies.

• Thanks for the update, Adam! Glad to hear it worked well with heavy cream. Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.