WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Scale up recipe affect cooking time?

Specific to the Lemony Orzo with Chicken and Arugula.

If I scale up to 32oz of chicken, from 12oz. How much more time, if any, is required to cook protein through under pressure? Any negative impact on Orzo?

Comments

• Hi Anthony - We haven't tested this recipe using 2 pounds of chicken so I can't give a definitive answer. However, I am sure that the additional chicken will not only affect cooking time but also the texture of the orzo and the overall dish since it will add more water (from the chicken) which will throw off the balance of the ingredients. These Instant Pot recipes with grains and pasta have a *very* delicate balance of liquid-to-solid ratio so I imagine it would require a fair amount of testing to get it just right. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Best, Lynn C.

• I was worried about that, so I let the chicken saute in the pot for a few minutes so it could get started. Then only cooked the orzo for the requisite 7 minutes. No discernible difference.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.