WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Chili con Carne, but I've got to tweak it.

I'm sitting in a smoke filled house in Seattle. I put a pot of your chili con carne on as a kind of aroma therapy. It's working a little too well. My veg husband now wants the chili, but with beans and veg crumble. The seasonings in this smell gorgeous, so I can't blame him. Can I add two or three cans of black beans or kidney beans and use the same method? Or I could soak some dried beans? I wouldn't want them to become mush, but I'm out of my depth here.

Comments

• Hi Ann - Although I think you could *definitely* adapt this to a vegetarian chili, we haven't tested it so I can't offer a quick modification. If I were testing this recipe, I'd probably try to combine this recipe for Indian Spiced Kidney Bean Stew with the recipe for Chili con Carne to create a vegetarian chili in the Instant Pot. It may require some tweaking, but that would be my recommendation for where to start. So sorry I can't give you a quick fix! Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.