WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Austrian Beef Stew with Paprika and Caraway

I made this Austrian Beef Stew today. The taste was great! However, a lot of the "sauce" was stuck to the bottom of the Dutch oven. I had the oven on at 325 degrees, followed the recipe exactly. Don't know if this makes a difference or not, but, I live at an elevation of 6,000 feet above sea level. We have no humidity here. Would you recommend more liquid or a lower oven temperature or what? After watching the TV video of Chris making this recipe I was really looking forward to a buttery/paprika sauce. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Eileen - At altitude, water/liquid evaporates quicker than at sea level so this may be the reason why the sauce stuck to the bottom. I would recommend adding more broth after the meat cooks for 2 hours before you put it back in uncovered. Start with about 1/4 cup and keep an eye on it and add more as you see it getting too low. This will give you an idea of how much total extra liquid you need to add so you can add it all at the 2 hour mark next time. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• Thanks I will give that a try!

• I found I have had to add just a little bit of water before it goes in oven. Never had an issue with sticking .

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.