WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Ice Cream Without Cream

Due to COVID-19 precautions, my family is limiting the types of food products we bring into our home to those that can either be readily quarantined at room temperature or fully cooked to a point of pasteurization. We would like to make ice cream in our electric ice cream maker but are limited to the following milk products (or milk substitutes):

Powdered nonfat milk, almond milk, coconut milk/cream, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to use these things to make a passable vanilla ice cream? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Anthony - I'd look for a vegan ice cream recipe. These are usually made with coconut milk or coconut cream. Unfortunately we don't have a recipe here at Milk Street. We always think the folks over at Serious Eats do a great job of recipe development so I'd recommend this recipe. The recipes has a ton of great reviews on it as well. Good luck! Best, Lynn C.

• Thank you! I'll definitely give this a try!

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.