WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Measurements on these recipes

I love the recipes! However, if you list one ingredient in grams and the US measurements, Why not list all ingredients in both grams and US measurements? This is a great site; I’m even used to the ALL CAPS INGREDIENT AND INSTRUCTIONS...

Comments

• Hi Craig - Our recipe style is to provide weights for baking recipes - because we would really prefer that people weigh their dry ingredients for baking - and any ingredient you might purchase by weight (produce, meat, etc.). However, we've found that most folks don't have a scale at home and prefer volume measurements. Best, Lynn C.

• I rend to agree with Craig with regard to listing all ingredients in grams. So easier, more accurate, less clean up, etc. I really wonder just how many people who are interested enough in cooking to subscribe to this magazine or website don't have a kitchen scale which can be had for as little as $20?

• I think they should list them both, if grams are relevant list that with the cup or tablespoon amount or whatever. I know there is probably a huge percentage of people who don't use a kitchen scale, so I understand why they wouldn't just list grams. Love the books that list both!

• I agree recipes should be listed in grams measurement. It is more accurate, result is more constant and way easier to scale up and down. Honestly I won't use a recipe that is listed in US measurement. If I do, I am still going to measure everything just to convert whole recipe back in grams. By that time I would lose my motivation to even try a recipe out. Too much trouble and too much clean up. Who would spend money on a subscription but not a $10 scales?

• Hi Chie - Thanks for your comment. We would love to convert all of our recipes to weight measurements however, unfortunately, the majority of folks who subscribe prefer volume measurements. At least for baking recipes, where exact measurements can be more critical, we do provide both weight and volume measurements. But, we agree, weighing ingredients is definitely the easier and more accurate way to go! Best, The Milk Street Team

• 2 clicks on any device and you can get your grams…….

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.