WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Cookbooks for children

Are there any plans to create cookbooks for children ages 5 and up? My son has the Tuesdays and Cookish cookbooks and would love to make recipes in those genres with his kids. They have a children's cookbook from America's Test Kitchen but the recipes are for foods like smoothies, chocolate covered bananas -- not really meals. It would be great to have a cookbook where the children actually work on making supper.

Comments

• Hi Carol - We don't have a specific kids cookbook (and, as far as I know, no plans for one), but I cook out of the Tuesday Nights and Cookish books with my 8-year-old daughter all the time! Over the weekend, we go through the book together and pick out a recipe to make during the following week. She helps me shop for the ingredients and then we do prep and cooking together. The recipes in both of these books are pretty quick and easy so they lend themselves to kids' involvement. I am a huge proponent of involving kids in the process of cooking even if they are only capable of picking herbs or scooping flour so, in my opinion, really any recipe can be kid-friendly. Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.