WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

How to Meal Prep with Milk Street Recipes?

I am tired - after almost a year of this pandemic - of cooking every day. Please help! I'd love to just cook once or twice a week, and have a stock of meals ready to pull out of the fridge or freezer.

Does Milk Street or any community members have tips for meal prepping? For example:

1. Which recipes can be doubled
  2. How to turn single recipes into multiple meals during the week (like Matt Card's Sunday Cook series, which seems to have stopped)
  3. How long various cooked dishes will keep in the fridge

Thank you!!

Comments

• Hi Celine - We've got thousands of recipes on our website, so it's hard to give a list of those that can be doubled and/or length of storage for all of the dishes. Were there particular recipes you had in mind? In general, large format proteins always lend themselves to multiple dishes a week - this could include the usuals like beef, pork, and chicken, but also big pots of beans as well. For example any of our sheet pan chicken recipes could be doubled and the extra chicken turned into tacos (depending on their flavor profile), added to a pot of beans, or made into chicken salad. Making a big pot of a grain (brown rice, quinoa, farro, etc.) once a week could be turned into side dishes such as Brown Rice Pilaf or Quinoa Chaufa and also become a grain bowl for lunch. I'd also take a look at our Cookish recipes for inspiration (you can search for them specifically using the Recipes tab on the website). These are quick to put together and have short ingredient lists that sometimes even call for already-cooked proteins and grains. You could find several that use the same ingredients (say, chicken thighs and quinoa), cook those ingredients on the weekend, and then make the recipes during the week, modifying as needed for pre-cooked ingredients. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• Lynn, thank you for the tips. Cookish is great and I'll try your advice on prepping the common ingredients on the weekend! Best, Celine

• I agree. I would buy this cookbook. Specifically I would like the format of Cook Once Eat All Week by Casey Joy Garcia where she has the grocery list and Sunday prep sequence but prefer with two protein options and interesting Milk Street recipes, sauces, etc.

• I long for this as well!!!

we are two toddlers, a year apart, and two self-employed parents - so tired, but really prefer delicious food on the regular.

I love milk street recipes and would pay more for meal planning and prep sessions with these recipes!!

• I second (third? foursies?) this. I had to cancel my subscription for pandemic budget reasons, but would rejoin for meal prepping. I’m drooling just thinking about it.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.