WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Greek yogurt vs regular yogurt

Hi there

i find it virtually impossible to find plain whole milk regular yogurt in the grocery stores. And I live in Seattle for heavens sake! When I’m baking a muffin recipe and it calls for yogurt, I take the Greek yogurt I always have and add milk till it sort of looks like regular. Not very precise, especially before baking. Do you have a ratio that is more exact?

thanks much, Karen

Comments

• Hi Karen - American-style yogurt still contains whey, so it has more moisture and a thinner, runnier consistency. Greek-style yogurt is made by allowing the watery whey to drain from yogurt, giving it a smooth, thick texture. We generally find 3/4 Greek yogurt plus 1/4 cup water to replicate the consistency of plain yogurt. Just make sure to use whole-milk yogurt regardless of whether it is Greek or American-style. Best, Lynn C.

• Thanks Lynn. I just made some blueberry muffins that called for 3/4 c yogurt. I used 1/2 c + 1/4 c non fat milk and it seems to be in the ballpark.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.