WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM! MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS. VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE. TRY ANY PLAN FOR YOUR FIRST 12 WEEKS FOR JUST $1.

Instantpot Troubling- Black Beans and Chicken Biryani

Hi, I love and use the Fast and Slow recipes and cookbook, but I had to fails recently (I was able to fix by adding more liquid and time). I have made many recipes prior to the Black Beans and Chicken Biryani fails. I also successfully made the chipolte pulled chicken after the two fails. I followed the recently as written except instead of water, I used homemade chicken broth. I used chicken backs and a wings to up the gelatin, although it was liquid while defrosting in the fridge. Could this have been the problem (I substitute brother for water on a 1:1 basis). The only other factor I could think of is I have a very old Instantpot, and it does not have the bells and whistles of the newer ones, including the "Burn" alert.

In both dishes, the beans/rice were not fully cooked or hydrated. Both required the addition of time and water to complete (they did turn out good, however). Any assistance is appreciated.

While I have you attention, I learned I have a goose (I thought it was a gander I use to protect my ducks). Do you know of any recipes or resources specific to goose eggs? Many I have seen just substitute 1 goose egg for 3 chicken eggs.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.