WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Malaysian Laksa, Rendang, Satay and Nasi Lemak

Hello - Can we make recipe requests? Would love to see the rendang recipe formatted for my instant pot. Also would adore a delightful Milk Street treatment of the different varietals of Curry Laksa...my favorite one was a Sarawak style of tamarind base that I found enroute towards the Orangutan preserve in the Borneo jungle. There is a hut style Hilton long house you can stay at nearby. Also I love Nasi Lemak and would love a discussion on what to substitute for curry leaf in an American kitchen.

Also as for satay...the Singaporean recipe is good but my family recipe takes 3 days. Could we explore Malaysian-Chinese style. We cook the satay sauce for 6 hours and serve it with a cold pressed rice cake and cucumber slices. The sauce is like a fondue and the meat just an accompaniment.

Huge fan. Thank you for considering.

Laura

Comments

• Hi Laura - Thank you so much for these great suggestions. I will pass them along to the editorial team so we can hopefully tackle them in the future. Best, Lynn C.

• Thank you so much. Saw the reference to curry leaves in the last issue - "there is no substitute for curry leaves". Sad but true.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.