WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Almond Flour Scones

I've become intrigued with almond flour baking recently. I'm not GF, just am looking for variety. I've tried almond flour scones with unsatisfactory results. All the recipes I find call for melted butter, instead of cold butter cut in to the dry ingredients. The resulting dough is more like a sticky batter, and the texture is odd. Would it work to use a more traditional method (cold butter cut in like pastry) with almond flour? Should I sub some wheat flour for some of the almond flour? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Nancy - Since you are just adding almond flour for flavor, I would start by substitute a smaller amount of almond flour for wheat flour. We generally recommend substituting no more than 1/4 of the flour in the recipe with almond flour. Since almond flour lacks gluten and is much higher in fat and moisture than all-purpose flour, any more than that will significantly throw off the texture of baked goods. Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.