WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Double Chocolate cake with Honey-Rosemary Syrup

I just watched today's episode and Briana Holt had juniper berries instead of rosemary for this cake. She added it to the batter but when I looked up the recipe here is not mentioned at all...would you let me know what is the quantity of juniper berries that she's ground and added to the flour part of the cake and how much for the syrup? Thank you so much!

Comments

• Hi Patricia - We recently updated the web version of the cake to include instructions for making the cake using juniper as seen in Brianna Holt's version on the show. Our version is an adaptation of hers - we chose rosemary for our main version since it's more readily available - but here are the amounts/instructions for juniper:

If you’d like to try juniper, in a small skillet over medium, toast 2 teaspoons dried juniper berries until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes; let cool, then pulverize in a spice grinder to a fine powder. Whisk 1 teaspoon of the ground juniper into the dry ingredients for the cake; use the remainder in place of the rosemary to make the syrup, but when transferring the syrup from the saucepan to a liquid measuring cup, pour it through a fine-mesh strainer.

Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.