WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

A polite suggestion

So this evening I made the current issue's cover recipe, risi e bisi and I noticed that it called for something called vialone nano but stated arborio rice would substitute. I then noticed the Milk Street store didn't have vialone nano rice at all. Have you considered putting together a package of specialty ingredients to be sold in your store in conjunction with whatever is in the latest issue? (I.E. vialone nano rice or specialty star anise for a Vietnamese dish or whatever, etc). I think that would be cool to just know a new issue is coming and that I've not going to have to mail order stuff piece meal to cook anything in it. By the way, the risi e bisi is fantastic! Totally wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, but it was definitely a hit at my house.

Comments

• Hi Joshua - Thanks so much for the suggestion! I will certainly pass it along to our Milk Street Store team. I do know that the store team does try to seek out specialty ingredients that can be found in our recipes whenever they can. In some cases, they just haven't found the right product yet. We are so glad to hear you loved the rice e bisi. We love it too! Best, Lynn C.

• I've noticed that there are more and more recipes for Instant Pots. I know lots of people want everything faster but not all of us. I believe in Slow Cooking or cooking using a stove top or oven. Can you make room for that alternative as well as an Instant Pot technique is all of the recipes? Americans tend to buy the latest gadget and accumulate them in closets, unused. We are relentless consumers of stuff that uses resources and increase CO2 emissions.

• I just paid $59 for a year of all Milk Street products. Was there a discount offered right after I subscribed? I would like to get that discount if there was one offered. If not, no problem.

• Hi Sara - In the spring of 2020 we published an Instant Pot cookbook called Fast & Slow with 150 recipes. These recipes were added to our website at that time. Since it was during the pandemic, we thought folks would appreciate having all of these recipes available rather than just the handful we had historically posted from our cookbooks. Those remain the only Instant Pot recipes on our website at this time.

I will forward your question about your subscription to our subscription department. Best, Lynn C.

• And speaking of Instant Pot recipes, I just made the Bucatini with CherryTomato Sauce and Fresh Sage. It was superb. On the television version, although it verbally mentioned to use two pints of cherry or grape tomatoes, what I saw on the video looked more like one pint so that's what I used and it was great. Also, the written recipe from your website left out the quantity of Kosher Salt but the video mentioned to use one tablespoon so I used half a tablespoon and again it was perfect. It might have left out the amount of salt because everyone has a different tolerance for salt. The written recipe ingredient list left out the water but the recipe and the video stated to used three cups of water which I used. And if I search for "Instant Pot" on your website, this recipe doesn't come up. The recipes that this search finds look very intriguing. But I have to say this recipe far exceeds any pasta dish I've ever tried to make at home. You did a great job!

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.