WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Sweet Fresh Corn Pudding

I want to make this recipe in 3 days... (made it before, and it was great... all at once), but this time I want to know if any (and which) parts can be made AHEAD OF TIME... what can I make Friday and then just whip egg whites and put together Saturday? Anyone try this?

Comments

• Hi Linda - First, the whole recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to a week or refrigerated for up to 2 hours. See the headnote at the top of the recipe here for freezing/refrigerating instructions. We haven't tested preparing the base ahead of time but we *think* it could work. We would add the egg yolks and vanilla and then refrigerate the mixture - probably for no more than a day or two - and then bring to room temperature before adding the egg whites. If you find that the mixture has gotten too thick as it sits, add a little more heavy cream, a tablespoon at a time, until the consistency is loose enough to add 1/4 of the whites easily. Good luck! Best, The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.