WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Recipes that highlight the flavor of individual ingredients

Never posted here before, but here goes! My apologies if this question has been asked before. I tried using the search function but I failed to finding anything related.

I have been increasingly using my local farmer's market for mainstay ingredients (i know it is late in the season to JUST NOW be using the market more thoroughly, but, here we are). I live in a small area, so I don't have access to terribly adventurous ingredients, but the quality of the things I can get is tremendous. Therefore, I would like to try some recipes which might highlight the freshness and unique flavor profiles of these ingredients. For instance, truly ripe tomatoes are an absolute treasure, and I would love to find a recipe that highlights them and their flavor, perhaps even above all else in the recipe.

All of the Milk Street recipes I have tried thus far are absolutely delicious (as long as I leave out cilantro of course, haha). However, because they also often layer flavor upon flavor (which is usually very nice!), it doesn't really work for this goal of highlighting a singular ingredient.

One recipe I would *really* like, though, is one for chicken. We have a chicken farmer who *doesn't* use Cornish Cross chickens unlike the VAST majority of the chicken meat industry. I feel like it's a waste to use his chicken in recipes where other flavors overtake the delicate flavor of quality chicken.

I think asking any single person for a different recipe for each of these would be a bit of an overreach. However, I would really appreciate any input anyone might have about a recipe that highlights the unique qualities and freshness of any one of these [just no cilantro please!]:

Chicken (whole, breast, or thigh)!!!

Tomatoes

Peppers (bell or common spicy varieties)

Blueberries (for next year's season :'( )

Strawberries (for next year's season :'( )

Zucchini

Potatoes (yellow or red)

Green beans

Thank you for your input!

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.