WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Milk Street TV's Lyrical Slow Motion

I don't know, guys. It's a little tacky, the slow-motion flurry of, say, kosher salt accompanied by rippling wellness-spa music. Is it meant to add a touch of the mystical to the otherwise direct, unfussy demonstrations and commentary? Why not save that for the colorful travel sequences and let the ingredients fall into pans at their actual speed?

Comments

• Hi David -

Thank you for your feedback. We have passed it along to our TV team.

Best, The Milk Street Team

• I'm sorry to be impertinent. Perhaps the pandemic necessitated that in this season there were more solo cooks and the music needed to take up the slack. But it feels, I don't know, lonely to me. I think of Milk Street as a lively dialogue among smart, charismatic cooks overseen by a benevolent despot, and this season just reminds me of those rainy days at my grandparents' North Miami condominium when no one was at the pool and the canned music from the speakers echoed in the void. I criticize out of love is what I'm saying.

• I am with David on this one. Too much slow motion of late- it's a little off-putting and sometimes-such as when I am trying to judge what viscosity I should be looking for during a recipe- the slow-motion isn't just an aesthetic annoyance, it actually removes information from the segment. Still love the show, just wanted to weigh on on this one.

• Agree with everybody. Lose the slo mo or at least, please use it judiciously. While I enjoy the show, this routine is getting to be monotonous!

R Palmer

• I love the program but the slow motion photography of every single task is making me nauseous. Turning the channel- only after everyone else in the room is literally yelling at the TV! Very irritating.

• Totally agree the over-used slo mo is annoying and pretentious which sort of makes sense given that it's Chris Kimball's show.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.