WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

BBQ Bison Brisket Recipe

I thought that it would be like slow smoking a beef brisket but apparently bison is leaner? How long and how low and any spice recommendations? I was thinking cumin, chili powder and some brown sugar but never done this before, so I don't know how thick to lay it on.

Comments

• Hi Joshua - Bison is literally and figuratively a different animal when it comes to BBQ. Beef is 5x fattier than bison and takes about 1/3 longer to cook. Because of this, we would probably recommend smoking a bison brisket for an hour or two over very low heat and then wrapping the meat and braising it in it's own liquid. I'd even argue pressure cooking or slow cooking would be good options here. Because the meat is so lean it really needs the added moisture of braising so it's not ideal for dry BBQ'ing. As for flavor profiles, bison is gamier than beef so you can likely do anything and it would hold up to the bison. Hope that helps! Best, The Milk Street Team

• Thanks Lynn! Guess I'm using the slow cooker.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.