WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Homemade almond butter

Hi, can someone help me with basics of nut butter? I have made roasted almond butter a few times now. I tried to add maple syrup to this last batch as I'm gifting and thought sweeter would be nice. Even though the recipe said you may need to let it cool a bit and then continue processing to reach the smooth stage once again, mine never did achieve that creamy status. I processed to point of creamy, added a few pinches of spices/salt and 1 1/2 T maple syrup. Any tips? Thanks!

Comments

• Karmen - do you soak the almonds before beginning the process of pureeing them? You may find it easier to achieve a creamy consistency if the nuts are pre-soaked. But don't throw out that soaking liquid: you can warm it to just under a boil, then drizzle it into your food processor or blender to thin and smooth the butter. You can also reduce the risk of the butter seizing upon addition of maple syrup by thinning the maple with a bit of hot water before drizzling it in. I hope this helps for your next batch!

-April D.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.