WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Beau Monde Seasoning

So I went down the Helen Corbitt rabbit hole because of her million dollar dip recipe. I got her first cookbook and tried some of the other dips in it. One of them which caught my eye was the Pate Beau Monde, so I got some of the spice mentioned and mixed it up. It was meh, probably never going to make it again but I now don’t know what to do with the rest of the seasoning. I emailed Spice Islands and cruised their recipe section on their website but they were so unhelpful I was almost impressed. Do you have any idea what the heck I can do with this stuff? For everyone who has never tried it just imagine celery salt with sugar mixed in. Oh yeah, here is Mrs Corbitt’s recipe.

6 oz cream cheese

4 T cream

2 1/2 t Beau Monde

1/4 t thyme

1/4 t Marjoram

1/4 t summer savory

2 T parsley, finely chopped

mix everything together thoroughly and chill for several hours before serving.

Comments

• Hello Joshua,

According to a vintage Spice Islands booklet, you can use the Beau Monde spice blend to season steaks, fish and poultry before grilling or broiling. They suggest using 1 teaspoon of the spice blend per pound of meat. Of course, you can adjust the amount according to your taste preference. You can also find a recipe online for Ernest Hemingway's favorite hamburger which includes 1/2 teaspoon of Beau Monde seasoning.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.