WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

digital cookbook omissions

I have tried looking up several recipes from the magazine and could not find them online here. Wondering why that is- I like to look them up to see if there are comments about a recipe before I make them sometimes. I find it very helpful. But not sure why some are not available- for example- Ikarian Braised Pork with Honey, orange and rosemary did not show up. I tried several iterations of the title as well.

Thank you

Comments

• I agree there must be a problem with the database index used for searching. If you open the November December 2019 issue online you can navigate to the recipe and see the comments. Here is the link to the recipe

https://www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/ikarian-honey-orange-braised-pork

• Follow up on search functionality. If you don’t know which issue a recipe is in you can open the magazine index and “search on the page” to find which issue to to open. It appears that the index is updated annually. Currently there is a 2016-2020 index and a 2021 index. So 2022 is not currently available.

• The search engine is my only complaint about this site, but it's a big one. I don't know how they expect us to remember the exact recipe title. It seems to me that it should be sufficient to type in "chicken thighs," for instance, and see a list of the relevant recipes!

• A huge bug was introduced by someone. I used to search for the Ikarian pork recipe, one of my favorites, using Ikarian as my key word and it would find the recipe. This needs to be corrected.

• Hello Brenda and Sarah,

We apologize for any difficulties you've had searching for recipes on our website. Our website developers are actively working on improving the site’s search features and adding more search capabilities. We appreciate your patience.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.