WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Chocolate bundt cake with Dark Chocolate Glaze - Recipe error?

I made this recipe for the first time tonight and I believe there is an error in the ingredient list for the glaze. It calls for 227 grams of bittersweet chocolate (or 8 ounces). I think it should be half that amount. Following the recipe, the finished glaze was more the consistency of a buttercream frosting instead of a "pourable yougurt," the volume was twice what was needed and it was not sweet at all.

Tomorrow I will try to salvage what I have by diluting with more butter and cream and adding more sugar.

Comments

• Hello Scot,

We are sorry that your chocolate glaze didn't turn out as expected. Since we don't list water (unless it is boiled or chilled) in the ingredients list of our recipes, we wonder if you may have accidentally overlooked the 1 inch of water (in the directions) that goes in the saucepan with the butter, cream, sugar and salt for the glaze. Brewed coffee is then added to the glaze mixture with instructions for adding additional brewed coffee if the glaze is too thick. We hope you were still able to enjoy your cake and that the glaze works on the next try.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.