WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Nutrition information?

I just made the chickpea yogurt soup and it was out of this world; thank you Chris & Co.! I'm wondering do you provide nutrition information for this recipe and the others on the site?

Comments

• Hi Susan - We're so glad you enjoyed the soup! We understand that it's helpful to know the nutritional information for recipes. However, we are not a health food magazine and, therefore, do not have a nutritionist on staff to accurately calculate the nutritional details for all of our recipes. Computer programs to calculate nutritional analysis are wildly inaccurate so we don't feel confident in using and publishing their results. Thanks for writing! Best, Lynn C.

• At least having the calories would be very helpful for those trying to count calories. B

• Calorie content would be helpful!

• any nutritional information would help

• yes, I would like a cookbook with nutritional information also.

• Yes please - I LOVE the Tuesday Night cookbook and am cooking a new recipe from it every week night these days, but then I'm making up the calories for my tracker which is a hassle. Adding calories shows that people can eat beautiful food and still track their caloric intake

• Hi All - Thanks for your suggestions. I have passed your requests on to the editorial and management teams here at Milk Street. If anything changes with our ability to provide accurate nutritional information for our recipes in the future, I will be sure to let you know here ASAP! Happy cooking! Best, Lynn C.

• Nutritional information would be very helpful. Perhaps Milk Street could use a smartphone app or website to give us an estimate of nutritional information - could add caveat that not produced by a nutritionist but online resources?

• Any nutritional info would be helpful. Seems like providing nutritional info ought to be the standard nowadays. As Rita D. mentioned, a disclaimer could always be provided that states "this nutritional analysis has not been evaluated by a nutritionist."

• Stand fast, Milk Street! Another culinary organization I frequent started adding nutritional information a few years ago. I noticed after revisiting some recipes on their website that I had previously copied/pasted, that their nutritional information had changed on many of them (with no changes to ingredients or portion sizes), as much as doubling some values. I questioned this in their comment sections and they seemed unaware, then they blamed third party software for the changes. I found this to be too unreliable and have since deleted this randomly changing data from my saved copies.

• Hi William -

Thanks for the update. That's been our experience as well, which is why we don't feel comfortable providing it. We haven't yet found a reliable program. We appreciate your first hand experience.

Best,

The Milk Street Team

• Total calorie content per serving would be helpful for those of us who enjoy cooking but are counting calories.

• Just joined and am disappointed to find that no nutritional info is provided. I had assumed it would be included so didn't actually look. Might be time to bring a nutritionist on board for this purpose. I agree with above comments that it should be standard procedure for all cooking/recipe sites.

• Being dianosed diabeties type 2 in September it would be very helpful to have the nutritional information. I don't really count calories but carbs and fiber and now have my numbers down to pre diabetic. A lot of the recipes I can determine are good for me to eat but have to read a lot of ingredient labels!

• Another vote for nutritional info for recipes! Seems like you could easily bring a nutritionist onboard. I'm on a low-sodium regimen and would appreciate the extra info. Thank you!

• I would agree, somewhat shocked that Nutritional information s not provided. Seems like a cop out to claim the data is bad. Caloric and nutritional content is available in many other sites and is accurately recorded.

• Being a Type 1 diabetic, the carbohydrates in any recipe are critical even if they aren't completely accurate. At least there is a guideline to start with. I look at any cookbook or recipe now and if it doesn't include the nutritional information, I just pass it by. Your recipes look wonderful and it's a shame that I won't be taking advantage of many of them. Yes, they can be imported into MyFitnessPal to get their estimate, but that is something I only do occasionally, not for every recipe. Please put nutritional information at the top of your list of 'things to research and resolve'!!!

• Hi Again All -

Thanks for your suggestions. We have passed your requests on to the editorial and management teams here at Milk Street. If anything changes with our ability to provide accurate nutritional information for our recipes in the future, we will be sure to let you know here ASAP! Happy cooking!

Best,

The Milk Street Team

• I agree. Would like to see nutritional information on the recipes. Readily available on recipes at multiple sites. Guidance is extremely helpful for the majority of people these days. Diabetics, pre-diabetic, autoimmune disorders, etc

Thanks

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.