WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Single-Crust Pie Dough

I would like to try this recipe. Does it have to be par baked or can I use it for a fill and bake pie such as a regular pumpkin pie or a double crust apple pie? Thank you!

Comments

• I have the same question!

• Hi Esther and Wendy - Chris Kimball is my go-to when it comes to pie dough and pie baking (among many other things!) and he recommends that when doubling the recipe for a double-crust pie to increase the flour to 2 1/2 cups (slightly more than doubled) and then double the remaining the ingredients. Best, Lynn C.

• You didn't answer the question. The question is about par baking, not doubling.

• Hi Amy - I'm so sorry! I saw that Esther asked about a double-crust pie, which would involve doubling the dough, so I answered that question and missed the par-baking part. This crust was intended, and only tested, for tarts in which the crust would be par-baked. Best, Lynn C.

• I use it the same as pie dough. I use it to make pumpkin pie, pecan pie and chicken pot pie. I get an 8oz container of sour cream and make 6 single crust pie doughs which I keep in the freezer.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.