WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

tomato-olive focaccia

IF I want to make the dough in advance do I let it rise the 5 1/2 to 6 hours before I refrigerate or right after I am done mixing the dough.

Comments

• Hi Gerald - You want to let it rise the 5 1/2-6 hours first. The dough can then be transferred to the baking pan. After it has settled in the pan, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The next day, prepare the toppings. Uncover, top the dough with the olives and tomatoes, and let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes, then finish and bake as directed. Best, Lynn C.

• Thanks Lynn- I followed the directions as written .The next day I added the olives ,tomatoes and the 4 tbls of olive oil. I cooked it 22 minutes and I could tell the top looked like it was saturated in oil. I raised it up one shelf higher in the oven and cooked it about ten minutes longer. After it cooled the bottom and side crust were perfect but the interior was saturated with oil. That being said it still was one of the best tasting breads I have ever made. I am trying another batch this weekend and cut back on the olive oil.

• I tried to make this and had a problem. The dough did not come out as 'wet' as shown on your TV episode. I had to add more water. Is it because I'm in Canada and our bread flour is different????

• Hi Elizabeth - Another reader had the same question. You can find that discussion here - https://www.177milkstreet.com/discussion/discussion/616/focaccia/p1. Best, Lynn C.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.