WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Recipes that provide an alternative to using a food processor

I was listening to the podcast that featured Al Roker and in the call-in section, the lady asked if there could be an addition to the recipes that provide an alternate way of preparation that did not include a food processor. Like the caller, I don't have a processor (nor do I intend to get one) and there are recipes that I simply don't attempt because they call for one. It would be nice if an alternative prep method was included where practical or that a recipe states that a processor was required to achieve the result. I thought about becoming a test cook but it seems that you would need a processor to be able to participate.

Would this be doable?

Comments

• Hi Leta - thank you for this feedback! We will look into adding this note to recipes to help those may not have this piece of equipment. In most recipes that call for a food processor, a blender can also be used, though you will have to be more diligent about scraping down the sides, and may find you have to add a bit of extra moisture for everything to incorporate. For other recipes, such as pestos, you can use a large mortar and pestle to grind your ingredients, though it'll take a lot of elbow grease to get it fully smooth. I hope that helps! - April D.

• Thanks! My Vitamix might be getting more of a workout.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.