WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Printing recipes

On occasion I prefer to print out recipes (YES I belong on the insurance commercial about how not to become your parents!) Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Hi Shawn - If you are looking at the recipe on a laptop or desktop computer, there is a black and white button to the left of the ingredient list that says, "Print." If you're using a smartphone or iPad, you can simply print as you would any webpage or document from your phone. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• Hi, Lynn,

I have tried this, both with the "free" recipes and with those I access when I sign in to my account. Very occasionally, I have been able to print the whole recipe this way, but more often, I see only the first page (generally the ingredient list), and the rest is either obscured by an ad or just not accessible. I prefer to have both a copy on my hard drive and a printed copy of recipes I like, as I keep them in a notebook for easy reference. I generally have to hand copy the recipe to put in the notebook, and if I want to store a copy on my computer, I then have to re-type it into a document. Please help. Thanks.

Emily Lees

• Hi Emily!

Thanks for your comment—feel free to send me an email at epetto@177milkstreet.com with a screenshot of what you are experiencing. We will be happy to assist and troubleshoot for you if things are obstructed.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to helping you!

• I also prefer my own hard copy of my favorite recipes. I copy & paste a recipe I like into a MS Word document, then edit it into a format I prefer. This also allows me to add notes or make changes as I try each one. When needed, I print it, slip it into a plastic sheet protector to keep it clean while using it in the kitchen, and then store it in a binder when done. Of course, non-dinosaurs could access their libraries using a tablet or laptop. Hope this helps.

• I also want to print and save a PDF copy of your recipes. I have this same problems if I use safari on my Mac. I can use chrome instead of safari but that has other problems with your site. I can use safari on every other web site except yours. 

Safari works better on my iPad and I can print from there. But saving as a PDF often gets your annoying "accept all cookies" garbage blocking the PDF text. 

I get so frustrated that I think of ending my subscription every time I try to use your website. There always seems to be a new problem. 

I'm going to send you email with the video of the safari problem.  

• Hello Cindy,

Please reach out via email to info@177milkstreet.com so we can assist with your printing issue.

Thanks!

The Milk Street Team

• No print button!!!!!!!

• Hello,

Just wanted to bring the following to your attention.

I was printing out a recipe (Umbrian Flatbread with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe) and I noticed that no matter how many pages there are to the recipe, another 2 pages are added that are blank. So in this instance, this recipe is really 3 pages long but there are two blank pages added, for a total of 5 pages. Also, the printout seems to have the Cart icon and the Search The Store icon on the printout as well. These icons seem to get in the way of reading the recipe.

I've attached a screenshot for you to see.

Thanks so much.

• I have given up on using my Mac Safari browser to print PDF's of recipes from the website. None of the website's links/buttons operate with Safari. I have to copy and paste the recipes into Microsoft Word to save to my desktop and then to print out. This is a hassle, but for now I put up with it.

• Hi Robert and Vauna - I have passed along your observations to our digital media team so they can look into some solutions. We are constantly evaluating and updating our website to improve the customer experience. Comments like yours are always helpful to know where we need to try to make improvements. Thanks so much! Best, The Milk Street Team

• Thank you, Lynn. Very much appreciated. It's certainly not an emergency. Just wanted to point it out. Thanks again

• Using my phone only able to “copy to clipboard” the ingredient list, but not the directions. Super annoying! Can’t believe this is an oversight.

• Hi James -

Are you trying to print the recipe from your phone? Assuming you have a printer linked to your iPhone, you can use the "share" icon that is at the bottom of your screen (it looks like a square with an arrow pointing up). If you scroll down there should be an option to print listed there.

There is also an option to save it to the files on your phone. In this case you click the "share" icon and under the title of the recipe you should see a box that says "Options." If you click that you can switch to Send As a PDF. When you do that you will then see an option to "Save to Files" in the list of options where you found the print option. Then you can go to the files on your iPhone and find the recipe there. If you have your phone linked to an iCloud account you can then access those files from a computer.

Hope that helps!

Best,

The Milk Street Team

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.