WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Recipe Index and site navigation?

I am a recent upgrade-to-Insider subscriber. I love Milk Street's content but I'm a bit perplexed by some of the site's organization. Not sure if I'm simply still unfamiliar with the site. In terms of navigability, I have 2 main questions:

1. Is there a way to "search" recipes/ingredients exclusively within "recipes" or even specific recipe categories (e.g. Fast and Slow, Cookish, etc.)?

2. I'm also wondering if there are plans to increase the number of items (e.g. recipes) displayed on a given page, as it becomes tedious to click through 7+ pages!

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Tucker!

Thanks for your question—we're so happy you're enjoying our content!

1. Currently, there are no ways to filter your search results exclusively within recipes besides our main "mains" "sides" "desserts" etc filters. We are however currently in internal review of our search platform and how to make it more user-friendly—this feedback is key to identifying ways we can better our user experience. Look for more updates in the coming weeks!
    2. With our growing archive of recipes, we are also aware of the increased number of pages users have to look back at recipes we have published in the past. This feedback has been passed onto developers in the past and will see some improvements as we continue to upgrade our web experience.

I hope these answers help and we appreciate you taking your time to reaching out to us. Keep enjoying Milk Street!

Best,

Evan

Digital Content Director

• Please tell me how to remove a recipe from my Favorites? Thank you.

• Hi Hope - When you go into your account and see the list of favorites there should be a little X to the right of the name of the recipe on a computer or right below it on a phone. If you hit that X, it should remove the recipe from your favorites. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• i am a Milk Street Insider, yet can’t seem to find a quick easy way to print out a recipe in hard copy that I want to try.

seems crazy that there is no printer 🖨 icon provided to make this easy and possible.

• Hi Marianne - If you are looking at the recipe on a laptop or desktop computer, there is a black and white button to the left of the ingredient list that says, "Print." If you're using a smartphone or iPad, you can simply print as you would any webpage or document from your phone. Hope that helps! Best, Lynn C.

• I just subscribed but don't see any ratings/stars for each recipe. Am I missing something. That is a key feature for me on a cooking website.

• Hi Lisa - So glad to hear you are a new subscriber! We don't have a rating system on our recipes (yet. We are always updating and improving the website). However, we do have a section at the bottom of recipes for readers to post comments about the recipes. Hope that helps! Best, The Milk Street Team

• I see recipes from milk street that Kimball himself videos that I would like to try. However, when I click on it it says I'm a member and I never get the recipe. Is there a spot to find these videos?

• Hi Tonya - I'm not sure which videos you are referring to. If the videos are presented on Facebook or Instagram, they live on those social media platforms exclusively, meaning they are not added to our website. If it's a Milk Street recipe the recipe will be linked in our bio on Instagram or in the post on Facebook. Best, The Milk Street Team

• Hello!

I'm wondering if (and I'm sure you've been asked many times but not sure where to search for the answer) the free recipes I see in your emails also appear in the Milk Street magazine, I'm a subscriber. Or in your cookbooks?

Thanks,

Chris

• Hi Chris -

They can appear in either but you should be able to find them all on the website. Is there a particular recipe you are looking for that I can help you find?

Best,

Lynn C.

• Is there a way that I can organize all the recipes I have saved into categories? Scrolling through the list of all the recipes I have saved is extremely tedious.

I have started using the NYT site more often simply because I was easily able to organize my selected recipes into categories that I have created.

• Hi,

Where does one find their recipe box? It is just listed under your account information, that is the only place I find it. Also, can one's "favorited" recipes be categorized?

• Hi Lori -

Yes your “recipe box” can be found under your account. At this time I don’t believe they can be categorized. For the most up-to-date info on what’s happening with the website and what’s to come, please email you questions to our customer service department at info@177milkstreet.com.

Best,

The Milk Street Cooking Team

• I've been a member of Milk Street Kitchen for a number of years but find that I rarely make any meals from this site and wonder if it's worth continuing my membership. The reason is, that unless I'm missing something, it's very difficult to find vegetarian main course recipes. When I look at main courses, everything is mixed together and when I look at vegetables, I see a lot of side dishes and salads. Is there a way to search for vegetarian main dishes? In general, the search doesn't seem to work well compared to other sites I use much more heavily.

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.