WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Recipe Ratings, Reviews & Comments

Hello,

I see that the recipe pages have changed. Now we can leave recipe ratings and reviews, which is great, but we can't see the past comments. Can you assist?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• I am REALLY missing the past comments -- I always make heavy use of them in my recipe evaluations, and now they're all gone. Not happy -- c'mon MS, bring them back!

• I agree with Robert and William, the comments were very useful. What's the point of reviewing a recipe if no one in the MS community can't see it? Bring them back, please.

• I really miss the reviews and comments. Please bring them back. I used to be a huge fan of milk street. Not so much without comments/reviews. Please bring them back.

• I too am really missing the readers' comments. Prior to making a new recipe, I like to see others' experiences which help me decide whether or not to try it, and also what changes I might make. Please bring back the comments!!!

• I too emailed 177 Milk Street the same question, about a month and a half ago and have yet to receive a reply. Annoying.

• I think Milk Street does not like any reviews that are not favorable. Only positive ones. Even if there are suggestions on how to improve a recipe. I have not seen my reviews posted. They were not negative.

• I think Milk Street does not like any reviews that are not favorable. Only positive ones. Even if there are suggestions on how to improve a recipe. I have not seen my reviews posted. Which

• This is such an important aspect of any worthy cooking organization. I guess I will have to rethink being a subscriber. That is how important it is to me.

• Hi All -

Please see the Announcement at the top of the Q&A page to explain what is happening with the recipe comments section. I will continue to update there as I know more about when this feature will be reinstated. All of us here miss it too!

Best,

Lynn C.

• Hi Lynn,

The Announcement at the top of the Q&A page seems to flash by quickly. It does not stay at the top of the screen. Could you post that announcement in this discussion chain?

Thanks so much for your help.

• Hello All -

I have checked in with our digital team regarding the changes made to the recipe comments section as, I too, was surprised by this change. They informed me that they did an update to the website and that may have inadvertently affected the code for the comments section. Our website development team is looking into this and will, hopefully, have a resolution soon. 

I will let you know as soon I/we know anything 

Best,

Lynn C. (Originally posted June 3)

• Hello All - 

I checked in with our digital team and they assure me that they are still working on reinstating the recipe comments section of the website, however, it make take several more weeks to get them back up and running. 

Best,

Lynn C. (Originally posted July 6)

• Where does one see the top of the Q&A page? I see no announcement.

• Hi Paul -

There is a comment entitled "Recipe Comments" that includes the announcement. It may have moved from the very top of the page due to inactivity in the comments. All of the information in the announcement has also been copied and pasted in the above comments here.

Best,

Lynn C.

• As one of the people who (loudly) complained about the loss of the old comments, I commend Milk Street for restoring all of them.

Thank you!

• We are happy to see them back as well, William!

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.