WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Printing recipes (Milk Street does it nicely)

Although I am computer-savvy (I was a software engineer for 45 years), I like to do low-tech and print my recipes. which I hold above my stove while cooking with magnets on my oven fan.

One of the things I really like about the Milk Street recipes (as opposed to, say, America's Test Kitchen or almost anyone else) is that they specifically format the recipes for printing. If you press the "Print" icon or just choose Print from your web browser, you don't get tons of "crap" from the web page, but instead get something that is specifically formatted for printing (this may sound like a no-brainer, but there are not actually that many web sites that do this). If you use Google Chrome for your web browser, you get even more control, which works out great for recipe printing. Chrome gives you a preview of what's about to be printed, but you can make some adjustments to make it better. In particular, there's a button that says "More Settings". If you press that, you get a number of choices to make, and the two that are most important for printing recipes are "Margins" and "Scale". For MS recipes, I usually like to choose the "Minimum" option for recipes, and then I select "Custom" for the Scale setting and adjust it so I can get the Ingredients and Directions to come out on the same page whenever possible.

Comments

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.