WELCOME TO OUR Q&A FORUM!
MILK STREET INSIDERS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM A MILK STREET EXPERT WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
TRY ANY PLAN 12 WEEKS FOR $1.
VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS HERE.
GOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTION? PLEASE EMAIL info@177milkstreet.com

Search Milk st recipes

Is there a way to search and filter out the hot pot versions of recipes. I don't use one and spend a lot of time looking at recipes I'm not going to use because I am looking for traditional cook recipes

Comments

• edited November 2021

Hi David - At this point in time, there is no way to filter out recipes. However, most of our Instant Pot recipes should be labeled with "Fast & Slow," so they can be quickly identified. We are always working to improve our customer experience and I will pass along your suggestions to our digital team for future updates. Best, Lynn C.

• David I have asked the same question about eighteen months ago. It is now getting ridiculous as they keeping adding recipes and articles. I just did a search for "chicken" and got over 1400 results. At least if we could break it down by recipes versus articles would be a start. If i'm looking for inspiration for a meal, I don't want it to take hours just to find a recipe. I still recommend Milk Street but I put a big caveat on whether the site is worth the money compared to just saving the magazines.

• I tried to search for recipes yesterday (Saturday) and again today, but every search, both in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, resulted in the same message: "Internal Server Error." I hope you can get this resolved quickly as I want some recipes.

• Hi Todd - I hope you have found that the website issues have been resolved. If not, please email info@177milkstreet.com and put “Website Issues” in the subject line. Best, The Milk Street Team

• So you have gone from 1400 results for chicken to a mere two pages. A ton of chicken recipes are missing from your search results. When I search "stew" I get the same meager results. When are you going to fix the search on your website? Thanks

• I know you had a beef with leeks stew recipe when your search worked better, but now it will not show up when I search "leeks"

• I emailed today asking for a date when this would be fixed. The response was our IT department is working on it but no date given. In my experience this could mean anything from active work to it’s sitting in a work queue waiting to meet a cost benefit analysis.

The milk street solution I was given was to google it and most milk street recipes would come up. I tried it including milk street as a qualifier. It didn’t work. I might get one or two milk street results followed by Pinterest, Facebook, spruceats, food52, and everything else under the sun.

• I find it baffling that we can't search by ingredients--and the new cookbook is about cooking with what you have!

• edited January 2023

@Brenda S. (Q&A ID 9897) use "site:www.177milkstreet.com/recipes" in your Google search to narrow your results down to the specific website. Example for searching for recipes with leeks: site:www.177milkstreet.com/recipes leeks

Sign In or Join to comment or create discussion. Comment as Guest.